Our Most Frequently Asked Hypnosis Questions
- What is Hypnosis?
- Hypnosis is a natural, yet altered, state of the mind marked by a high degree of suggestibility where communication with the subconscious mind is present. During hypnosis, you are relaxed, receptive, and responsive. You are fully aware of what is happening, and will remember the whole session.
- Does Hypnosis use the conscious or subconscious mind?
- Some people mistakenly assume that the hypnotic state is an unconscious one, similar to being asleep or under anesthesia. This is not true. We are always conscious in hypnosis, but the subconscious mind can be reached so that positive suggestions are given to bring about desired changes.
- What can Hypnosis help you with?
- Anything the mind affects can be helped with hypnosis, including building self-confidence, weight loss, stress management, fear of flying, stopping smoking and other addictions, overcoming sleep issues, enhancing sports performance, lowering blood pressure, dealing with emotional difficulties, enhancing study and exam performance, pain management, and much, much more.
- Is Hypnosis safe?
- Yes, all hypnosis is self-hypnosis and you are always in control, so it’s totally safe. It’s a way to release the natural, self-healing forces deep within your subconscious mind. NOTE: One should not listen to the recordings while driving or operating machinery.
- Does Hypnosis work for everyone?
- It is thought that about 5% of people are classically “un-hypnotizable.” Most people show moderate scores and about 10% can be hypnotized to extreme depths, but when it comes to our hypnosis recordings, depth of trance is not important. If you are willing to listen and to relax, then you will experience the benefits.
- Will Hypnosis totally change me?
- Hypnosis cannot alter your basic underlying personality, so please do not worry. Instead, our hypnosis recordings are designed to help you make the changes you desire, in a positive and constructive way.
FAQs About our MP3 Download Recordings
- How do your Hypnosis Recordings work?
When listening to one of our hypnosis downloads, you will be gently guided by the certified clinical hypnotherapist into a state of deep relaxation, which is achieved by a technique called progressive relaxation.
Once you are deeply relaxed and more receptive to hypnotic suggestions, we will begin to focus on the relevant issue you would like to change. We may ask you to follow along with various mental exercises, all carefully designed to help bring about the positive changes you desire.
- How long are your Self-Hypnosis recordings?
- Almost all of our hypnosis sessions are between 10 to 30 minutes, as it is the optimum time frame for a hypnosis recording.
- How often should I listen to the recordings?
- For hypnosis to be effective, it is important to listen repeatedly to the recordings on a daily basis for optimal success. The more you hear hypnotic suggestions, the more likely they are to be accepted by your subconscious mind. We generally recommend listening daily to the recordings for at least 21 to 30 days (in a comfortable chair or laying down) to make a transformative and a positive shift in your habits and beliefs.
- When will I notice the results of Hypnosis?
- Some people notice results right away or after a few days, whereas for others, it might take weeks or over a month before they notice changes.
- Do I listen to the MP3 downloads on headphones or can I listen on speakers?
- If you do not have any headphones, then yes, you can listen via speakers, although we strongly recommend that you listen with headphones because they enhance the effect of the binaural beat technology, as well as help in cutting down on any possible distractions.
- I am having trouble relaxing when listening to the recordings—do you have any suggestions?
- Many people say that they have trouble relaxing and some fear it may impact their ability to benefit from hypnosis. The good news is that there is no better way to learn how to relax than hypnosis. Just enjoy the process and let everything happen naturally.